Study Live Online from the comfort of your home or office on this introductory data protection programme, run over two half-day sessions on 20th March & 27th March.
Designed for those who need a basic understanding of data protection rights and responsibilities in Ireland. It covers the fundamental issues contained within the Data Protection Acts, which have a legislative impact upon all organisations and provides information on how to achieve compliance.
Course content is devised by the Irish Computer Society and delivered online through our partners at Athena College Ireland.
This programme equips you to:
- Be fully aware of the need for data protection legislation in Ireland
- Understand Ireland’s Data Protection laws
- Interpret and apply Ireland’s Data Protection Acts in your own business environment
- Programme syllabus overview
The syllabus encourages the recognition of data protection legislation as one safeguard relating to personal information whilst at the same time recognising the legitimate needs of business and organisations to process such information. The syllabus comprises the following core topics:
- Why Data Protection?
- Fundamental Definitions
- Data Controller’s Obligations
- Individual Rights
- Regulation and Enforcement
- Who is this course designed for?
This course is suited for employees who are in regular contact with client or employee personal information, including:
- Customer support and call Centre
- Human resources staff
- Legal secretaries
- Health sector administration staff
- Financial services sales and administration
- Accounts personnel
- Line managers in admin, sales, marketing and HR
- Database administrators and document management staff
Early Bird Price – €445
Normal Price – €495
Group Discount available on request